miércoles, 28 de agosto de 2019

7 Soldados de la Victoria (IV): Klarion

Página 3 de Klarion The Witch Boy #1 (DC, 2005) "From This World to That Which is to Come" por Frazer Irving. En España, "Los Siete Soldados de la Victoria nº4: Klarion. De este mundo al que vendrá" (Planeta, 2007) y "7 Soldados de la Victoria" nº1 "De este mundo al que está por venir" (ECC, 2014). Klarion y su hermana Beulah. 29,7x43,3cm




Frazer Irving entintó sus propios lápices de forma muy limpia, No hay nada de tippex y sólo se ve un poquito de lápiz en la cabeza de la 3ª viñea y en la pierna de la 1ª. Se aprecian diferentes tipos de tinta y de herramienta e incluso de grosores de pincel.




En esta entrevista comenta, como otros artistas de esta "metaserie", que los guiones de Grant Morrison dejaban bastantes lagunas en los diálogos que son rellenadas después o incluso descripciones un poco vagas que obligan al dibujante a aportar sus propias ideas.
All the script I’ve ever had from him have had gaps like these other texts which haven’t been written like a dialogue to be decided later. Or some of the panel descriptions were a little bit vague or kind of very broad, like with Klarion the Witchboy; he didn’t describe any of the animals that lived in Limbo-town, he said there are animals and I was like what kind? And he seemed to be kind of slightly put out that I actually asked him to tell me which ones he wanted and gave me a few examples off the top of his head and then I realised what he wanted was for me to contribute more than just drawing what he described. And basically every time I work with him since then his scripts have had room for me to kind of breathe and explore my own ideas and to interpret his ideas in many different ways.


Con otros autores como Frank Quitely la forma de trabajo parece distinta, aportando muchos diseños y dibujos incluso para las portadas.
The only sketch I’ve ever seen from him was a sketch of Klarion the Witchboy which I needed to use as a guide. He sent me some cover sketches for a different gig and I know I could use them or I could discard them because what he wants is for me to do my thing. He never sends me drawings and I don’t want to see them.
Como comenta en esa misma entrevista, poco después de Klarion, en 2006, empezó a dibujar todo digitalmente.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario